NOTE: If you use a Ledger hardware device to manage your keys and signing on Lunie, you do not need to backup anything from the Lunie extension. Your private keys and everything related to the Ledger are stored on the device. You should have already backed it up when you setup your device.
As mentioned in our previous communications to our users, at the end of November 2020 Lunie will no longer be supporting the Kava network or any of its tokens within the Lunie suite of apps. With that, we’ve created a quick guide for Lunie users to export their Kava addresses and use them elsewhere without any staking interruptions whatsoever.
What You Need To Do
- Make sure you have your Kava backup code / seed phrase stored correctly. You can use this backup code to access your address with any trustworthy wallet. You can try importing it into Cosmostation or Keplr to verify that your seed phrase is correct.
- If you don’t have your backup code / seed phrase stored correctly, Lunie gives you the option to export your seed phrase from the browser extension. We wrote a detailed explanation of how to do this in our help center.
For more information about how non-custodial wallets work you can refer to our help center.
Restoring Your Kava Address On Keplr Wallet
The Keplr browser wallet supports Kava network and allows users to either import their Kava address using the seed phrase import or connect their Ledger in the setup steps.
You will need to download and install the Keplr browser extension in order to use the web wallet.
Restoring Your Kava Address In Cosmostation Mobile
We recommend restoring your Lunie generated seed phrase using the Cosmostation mobile wallet available on both iOS and Android as this wallet specifically supports the derivation path that Lunie uses for our seed phrase.
- When downloading the Cosmostation wallet, upon opening the app you’ll select the Import option.
- Select the Mnemonic option
- You’ll need to type your full 24 word seed phrase into the field
- When promoted which derivation path you want to use to import your addresses use the “old” path
- Set your passcode and you’re good to go using your Kava address on Cosmostation!
If you used a Ledger wallet to access Kava on Lunie, you can also have access using the official Kava web app https://app.harvest.io/.
If you have any questions about Lunie address exporting please feel free to reach out to us directly via our support email. For questions regarding Kava wallets and their latest functionality we encourage you to check out the Kava docs.